1. Rashtrapati Nilayam is situated at Bollarum, Secunderabad was constructed by Nizam Nazir-ud-Dowla in 1860.
2. The 155 year old ‘Rastrapati Nilayam’ is spread across 90 acres of land with 16 rooms in a single storied building. There is a visitors quarters which can accomodate 150 people. It also has a Dining Hall, Cinema Hall, Darbar Hall, Morning room, Dining room etc.
3. This building was previously known as Residency House which was given to British.
Later in 1948, Residency House has become ‘Rashtrapati Nilayam’ for President’s retreat and used as ‘Southern Sojourn’.
4. Once in a year President of India stays in Rashtrapati Nilayam during his Southern Sojourn.
5. Currently Rashtrapati Nilayam has become more eco-friendly with Solar Lighting, herbal garden with 116 species of medicinal value plants, rain water harvesting, efficient water irrigation for gardening, etc
– The Hindu
– Deen Dayal Photos