Birla Temple Hyderabad – Must visit place of Hyderabad Tourism Places List
Birla’s are the top industrialists in India and apart from that they are well known for spiritual development with the construction of temples in our country. They started the construction of Birla Mandir Hyderabad, the Lord Venkateswara temple in 1966 and completed in 1976. It was sanctified by Swami Ranganathananda of Rama Krishna Mat in the same year. The temple is built on a hill rock called ‘Naubath Pahad”. We don’t find any traditional bells on this temple due to the decision of founders to keep a pleasant atmosphere in the surroundings. Even though it is the temple of Lord Venkateswara it has the idols of Lord Shiva, Ganesha, Saraswathi, Anjaneya and Saibaba. This temple was constructed by the Rajasthan marble and located at the hillock. We can see the beautiful and attracting top view of the twin cities and Hussain Sagar from the Birla Mandir temple. The Birla Temple presents a colourful and bright view at the night time. Birla Temple is one of must visit Hyderabad Tourist Places.
Birla planetarium constructed and inaugurated in 1985 which is rated the best planetarium in the world. The cosmic presentations in this planetarium are consisting of various mysteries of universe are the special attractions. These presentations are available daily in Telugu, English, Hindi languages.
Birla science Museum includes science through the ages and archaeological presentations. It has one wing which features the Dinosorium with fossils of 160 million years old “Kotasaurus Yamanpalliensis”
Distance to Birla Mandir Hyderabad:
- 4.4 Kms from Secunderabad Rly Station
- 5.4 Kms from Jubilee bus stand
- 3kms from Nampally
Location: Located near Secretariat & Ravindra Bharati, Opp: Reserve Bank of India
Journey Time by Road:
- 20 minitues from Secunderabad Rly station
- 25 minutes from Jubilee bus stand
- 35 minutes from Dilshukhnagar
Route by road to Birla Mandir Hyderabad: Basheer Bagh >> Assembly Police Station Bus Stop >> Adarsh Nagar
Where to stay: There are plenty of hotels in Hyderabad ranging from budget to 5 star hotels.
Interesting Facts of Birla Mandir Hyderabad:
- A Raja Gopuram was built with the inspiration from the Garudalaya style.
- The Jagadananda Vimanam tower was built in the Orissan style.
- The famous scenes from the Ramayana and Mahabharata epics are sculpted here.
- The idol of Shri Lord Venkateswara was made by the 11 feet black granite stone.
Food Facilities: Once can get all types of food items from the hotels in Hyderabad.
Nearest Railway Stations: Hyderabad (Nampally) Railway Station and Secunderabad Railway Station
Nearby Tourist Attractions: We can find the view of Lumbini Park, Municipal Corporation of Hyderabad Building and Hussain Sagar from the temple hillock.
- There are plenty of buses from Secunderabad. Bus Numbers are: 5M, 5C, 5GP, 8N, 5P, 5K, etc.
- Bus Numbers from Nampally are: 20P, 139S, 139, 217D, 218, 65GP, 225D, etc.
- Nearest Railway station is Nampally (3kms far). MMTS trains are available at regular intervals every day
Birla Temple Hyderabad Timings: 7 am to noon, 3 pm to 9 pm all days of the week.
Birl Mandir Hyderabad Address/Contact Details:
Birla Planetarium & Science Museum, Opposite Birla Mandir,
Adarshnagar, Hyderabad – 500063
Phone: 040- 2323-5081, 040-2324-1067
Email: [email protected]