Gadwal is one of the ancient abode of many popular Indian temples. There are many places in Gadwal which shows the efficiency of the ancient architecture of our country. When describing the Temples, there are many number of medium to large temples in around Gadwal.
One of the most cultural heritage landmarks of this place is Gadwal fort. It was built by Gadwal ruler Peda Soma Bhupaludu (Somanadri) way back in 17th century. Like all forts in our country this fort is very strong by nature and surrounded by huge walls. This fort was built 300 years ago. Gadwal Rulers maintained the fort very well as it proved to be an historical Landmark of the place. And it is proved that rulers of the Gadwal Samasthanam were spiritual by nature.
Inside the Gadwal fort visitors could find Three Main Deities
– Sri Chennakeshwaralayam SwamyTemple
– Sri Venugopala Swamy temple
– Sri Ramalayam
– Water Body (Koneru)
Chennakeshwaralayam Temple inside the Gadwal fort is very famous among the locals and in Telangana State and the ruling deity here is Lord Venkateshwara. And it is said that the Gadwal’s ancient rulers used to offer their prayers here every day in the past. Even now every year there is a great carnival celebrated in this ancient temple of Telangana.
Architecture of Chennakeshava Temple:
The temple has astounding features which depicts the spiritual beauty of the temple and cultural uniqueness of Telangana.
Visitors could find huge Bells, beautiful Paintings here and there on the walls of the temple. Once you are out of the temple, visitors could find beautiful pond outside the temple.
Special Attraction of this Place:
Every year during the months February and March, a grand Brahmosthavam, honoring the deities takes place for 10 days. It attracts more than 40,000 devotees from all over the Mahabubnagar district region and also from districts of Hyderabad, Warangal, Nalgonda and Raichur.
How to Reach the Place:
– Visitors can reach the place by travelling on an NH-7 from Hyderabad to Gadwal which is around 187 Kms .
– From Mahabubnagar Town too there are many buses which ply to Gadwal which is approx. 96 Kms.
– Train is a best and easy option to reach Gadwal. There are many trains via/towards from Hyderabad (Kacheguda). to Gadwal.
– From Umdanagar to Gadwal there is a train which goes via Hyderabad.
– From Gadwal Railway station, Chennakeshava temple is very close (around 1.2 Kms only)
– From Sriramnagar Railway station temple is around 11.3 Kms.
– From Wanarpaty Railway Station , temple is around 21 Kms.
By Air: The nearest Airport located at Shamshabad Airport (Hyderabad), which is about 152 km from the destination.
– Hotel International in Gadwal Town (Contact # 09849304950) is a good option to stay in Gadwal
– Other option is to stay in Hyderabad and visit as a one day trip.
– Gadwal is one of the biggest towns of Mahabubnagar Dt and an important town in Telangana. There are many hotels and restaurants in Gadwal. Both vegetarian and non-vegetarian options are available in plenty.
Nearby Tourist Places:
– Beechupalli <Click here to read>
– Wanaparthy Town <Click here to read>
– Koilsagar Dam Project <Click here to read>
– Sangameshwar Remple <Click here to read>
– Jurala Dam Project <Click here to read>