Kalwa Narasimha Swamy Temple – One of the Ancient Temples of Telangana
The Kalwa Narsimha Swamy Temple is located in the city of Koneru, 11 km from Nirmal. En Route to Basar Saraswati Temple, devotees often stop by this temple to offer their prayers.
Narsimha, variously known as Narasingh, Narsingh, Narasimha Swamy and Narasingha, is an incarnation of Lord Vishnu and is revered as the Great Protector by devotees all over the country. Several temples in India are dedicated to the worship of Narsimha Swamy. In the Telangana region myriad temples are scattered all over the place that houses Narsimha Swamy in various forms. The Kalwa Narsimha Swamy Temple in Adilabad District is one such temple.
The temple is a preferred destination for devotees who come to offer their prayers and seek the lord’s blessings of Kalwa Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy. The temple authorities organize ‘Vana Bhojanam’ as part of their rituals. In this, devotees are served meals which they savor seated beneath trees. This is a popular ritual and witnesses huge crowds of devotees who throng to the temple to participate in this ritual. Moreover, the fervour and the excitement of the people turn this event into something similar to a family picnic.
The Kalwa Narsimha Swamy Temple displays the main deity as seated in a yogic posture flanked by his consort Goddess Lakshmi. This is a rare form as most temples usually house the more furious form of Narsimha. The temple premises also house the Ratham or the holy chariot. On special occasions the Ratham is decorated and carries the idols of gods and goddesses. Devotees who gather at the temple on these occasions offer their prayers to these idols.
The area around the Kalwa Narsimha Swamy temple is made congenial for tourists. The Children’s Park located close to the temple deserves special mention in this regard. The park is replete with swings, slides and other amenities desired by children. It is well-maintained, safe and ideal for children to have a good time. Kalwa Narasimha Swamy Temple is a major tourist attracts of Adilabad Tourism of Telangana state.
– Hyderabad to Kalwa Narasimha Swamy Temple is 230 Kms
– Distance from Nirmal is 11 Kms
– Distance from Adilabad is 87 Kms
– Distance from Karimnagar is 150 Kms
How to reach:
– The Kalwa Narsimha Swamy Temple is located at a distance of 11 km from Nirmal and 88 km from Adilabad. As a result the temple is accessible from Nirmal as well as from Adilabad.
– Buses ply from all locations and are usually the preferred mode of local transport.
– Buses are available from Hyderabad to Nirmal. Moreover, Adilabad is also well connected to all major cities and towns of Telangana.
– Tourists can also avail trains or even flights till Hyderabad or other nearby cities in order to reach Adilabad.
Where to stay:
– Tourists can avail the accommodation options available at Adilabad or Nirmal. Some of the reasonably good hotels in these places include Sri Krishna Residency, Haritha Hotel, Sanjay Lodge, Kamadhenu Hotel, Tirumala Lodge, Raviteja Hotel, and Laxmi Residency Hotel.
– Another good option is Sri Krishna Residency at Nirmal. Hotel Address: Opp: Nirmal Toys Showroom, Nirmal, Tel: 08734-244255, Mobile: 9705972103
Nearby by Tourist Attractions:
– Kadam Dam
– Jainath Temple
– Kadile Papahareshwar Temple
– Basar Saraswati Temple
– Nirmal Toys
– Kuntala Waterfalls
– Pochera Waterfalls
Kalwa Narasimha Swamy Temple Timings: 5:00 AM to 11:30 AM and 4:00 PM to 9:00 PM
Nearest Airport: The closest airports are at Nagpur and Hyderabad.
Nearest Railway Station: Adilabad Junction is the closest railway station. Also Nanded railway station located at a distance of 108 km is a major station.
Useful Contact Numbers:
– Adilabad Tourism Officer : 9440816087
– State Tourism Department: 040-23450444
– State Tourism Department Toll free Number: 1800-42-545454
– Sri Someshwara Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy Temple – Palakurthy, Warangal
– Yoga Narasimha Swamy Temple Mattapalli, Nalgonda
– Sri Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy Temple Dharmapuri, Karimnagar
– Wadapally Village Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy Temple, Nalgonda