Lower Manair Dam Karimnagar – Perfect Picnic Spot of Karimnagar
Karimnagar tourism is replete with a wide variety of locales that cater to the varied interests of tourists. The Lower Manair Dam built on the River Manair, a tributary of the River is one such locale that promises to keep tourists coming back to Karimnagar in order to experience its special flavor again and again.
The Lower Manair Dam started in 1974 and it reached completion in 1985. It is the first sight of Karimnagar which greets visitors on their way from Hyderabad. In other words, it marks the entry of all into Karimnagar and is categorized as the water gateway. It is about 27 mts in height. The catchment area of the river is approximately 6,475 sq km.
The dam has 20 floodgates. It is quite a pretty spectacle to view the gushing waters flowing out into the neighboring water bodies when all the 20 floodgates are opened. People, from the neighboring areas, throng to see this beautiful vista. This usually happens during the monsoons when the water level reaches an optimum.
The placid waters of the Lower Manair Dam Karimnagar and its surrounding areas provide a beautiful view. The place looks its best during sunset. As the setting sun casts its last rays the whole stretch of water acquires a reddish-orange hue. This makes it a most beautiful sight.
There are boating facilities also available. Tourists can avail the speedboats for a most memorable experience. The Dam provides an amazing view of the Karimnagar town from the top and is a great favorite among the locals for a weekend picnic or family outing. The nearby Deer Park and the Ujwala Park are the added attractions making the whole experience an exciting and enjoyable for tourists.
The place provides the ideal setting for a family picnic. The beautiful ambience set in the lush green surroundings and the serene waters below tunes the mood perfectly for a happy and enjoyable time with friends and families. The peaceful surroundings act as a great stress-buster. Children can also have an enjoyable day by visiting the deer and pretty birds in the Rajiv Gandhi Deer Park situated close to the Dam.
The Dam is frequently visited spot in Karimnagar tourism and receives tourists from neighboring Telangana cities like Hyderabad, Warangal, Mancherial, Nizamabad, Adilabad, Medak, etc.
-The release of water when the floodgates are opened is indeed a sight to behold.
Nearby by Tourist Attractions:
– Elgandla Fort
– Deer Park
– Ujwal Park
– Ramgiri Fort
Specialty of the place: The place is ideally suited for picnics and weekend outings with friends and families.
Lower Manair Dam Karimnagar Timings: 9 AM to 5PM – Open on all days
Lower Manair Dam Karimnagar Details:
– Catchment Area of River: 6,475 sqkm
– Max. Height of Earth dam: 26.822 mt
– Top Width of Earth Dam: 7.315 mt
– Full Reservoir Level: 280.416 mt or 920 ft
– Full Capacity of Reservoir: 0.68 Tm. Cumecs
Distance to Lower Manair Dam Karimnagar:
– Distance from Hyderabad to Karimnagar is 162 Kms
– Distance from Warangal to Karimnagar is 68 Kms
– Distance from Nizamabad to Karimnagar is 147 Kms
Where to stay: Karimnagar provides a range of hotels, guest houses, lodges and tourist rest houses which provide comfortable accommodations for tourists. The accommodation facilities fit into every budget and are strategically located in order to provide tourists access to their preferred place of visit in Karimnagar.
Some of the Good Hotels in Karimnagar are:
– Swetha Inn – Ph 9676100333
– Hotel Manair – Ph 0878 2245879
– Srinivasa Hotel – Ph: 0878 2243201
– Hotel Kalpana – Ph 0878 650 3985
– Hotel Prathima Residency – Ph 0878 2233666
How to reach:
– Karimnagar can be easily accessed by road. It is well connected to Warangal, Nizamabad, Medak and other parts of the state.
– There are many State Transport buses from Jubilee Bus Stop to Karimnagar
– The nearest international airport is located at Hyderabad which is around 165 km from Karimnagar town.
– Lower Manair Dam karimnagar is located at a distance of 6 km from Karimnagar Bus Stand and can be easily accessed by public transport.
Nearest Railway Station: Karimnagar Junction is the nearest railway station.
Useful Contact Numbers:
– Karimnagar District Tourism Officers – 09440816070
– State Tourism Department: 040-23450444