Pochera Waterfalls – Water branching out from the Godavari River
The Sahayadri Mountain ranges, bordering the geographical boundaries of the Adilabad district, is home to several mesmerizing waterfalls. The Pochera Waterfall is one such cascading beauty dotting the mountain ranges. Located at a distance of 35 km from Nirmal on the NH 7 the Pochera Waterfall can be seen on the way while traveling towards Adilabad.
Unlike the other monsoon fed waterfalls, the Pochera waterfalls is fed directly from the Godavari River in Telangana. Numerous rivulets of water branching out from the Godavari come together at this point in the Sahayadri Mountains and splash down from a height of 20 meters forming the beautiful Pochera falls. Prior to cascading down water from the different streams gather together on a platform formed at the top of a hill. This looks very similar to a small lake and is also the uniqueness of Pochera which makes it stand apart from any of its kind that can be found in the country.
The undiluted and untouched virgin forests of the Sahayadri Mountains form a perfect backdrop to this beautiful waterfall. The temporary lake formed by the Godavari waters, before sliding down into the waterfall, is set amidst this dense growth of vegetation and provides tourists with an enchanting experience.
Though comparatively a recent discovery, the Pochera waterfall have already started attracting huge crowds. Most often people en route to the Kuntala waterfalls, another river fed waterfall, stop over to delight in this natural beauty. The sound of the gushing waters seems to help in soothing the mind and spreading a sense of tranquility.
The thick vegetation has made it the happy habitat for a whole host of flora and fauna. The chirping of birds synchronized with the sound of the cascading waters seems to create a beautiful harmony. Tourists can climb down close to the falls and relax on the rocks which lie strewn around and form a natural seating arrangement. The cool spray of the waters helps to refresh the mind and the soul.
The best time to visit the Pochera Waterfalls is during the monsoon months when the rain washed lush greenery surrounding the falls is a treat to the eyes. The view from the top of the falls particularly on a monsoon evening is simply amazing.
The river fed waterfalls like Kuntala and Pochera definitely add a different dimension to Adilabad’s Tourism. Consequently, any trip to Adilabad remains incomplete without paying a visit to its mesmerizing Pochera waterfalls.
– The picturesque and tranquil environment of the Pochera Waterfall is a major attraction for the tired urban souls.
– An ideal spot for nature and photography lovers. Also an ideal picnic spot for family.
– Make sure you talk to locals to get some interesting and surprising facts about the place.
Distance to Pochera Waterfalls:
– Distance from Hyderabad to Pochera Waterfalls is 266 Kms
– Distance from Nirmal is approx. 37 Kms
– Distance from Adilabad town is 50Kms
Journey Time By Road to Pochera Waterfalls:
– 5 hours from Hyderabad
– 1 hour from Nirmal
– 1.5 hours from Adilabad
Pochera Waterfalls Route by Road from Hyderabad:
– From Hyderabad to NH7 via Bowenpally. After crossing Neredikonda, drive for 3 kms on NH7 and take left. Drive for 3.7 Kms and its Pochera Waterfalls.
How to reach: The Pochera Waterfall is located at a distance of 266 km from Hyderabad and 37 km from Nirmal. Buses ply from Hyderabad to Nirmal. Tourists need to travel to Neredigonda the nearby village of the falls. Private vehicles are also available from Neredigonda to reach the waterfalls.
RTC Bus Timings:
– Hyderabad(MGBS) to Nirmal starting at 3:30AM at every 1 hour till 11:45PM
– Hyderabad (MGBS) to Adilabad via Kamareddy, Armoor and Nirmal starting at 4:30AM at every 2 hrs till 11:15PM.
Nearest Railway Station: Adilabad Railway Station is the closest station that can be accessed to reach the fall. It is located at a distance of 50 km from the falls.
Where to stay:
– The best place for tourists to stay while visiting Pochera and Kuntala waterfalls would be at Nirmal or Adilabad. Some of the reasonably good hotels at these places include Sri Krishna Residency, Haritha Hotel, Sanjay Lodge, Tirumala Lodge, Raviteja Hotel, and Laxmi Residency Hotel.
– You can pack food at Nirmal which is on the way Pochera Waterfall.
– You can even ask locals of Pochera village to cook food for yourself and pay accordingly.
Best Time to visit: July to November is the best time to visit so that one can enjoy the full flow of Pochera waterfalls due to monsoons.
Useful Contact Numbers:
– Adilabad Tourism Officer: 9440816087
– Sri Krishna Residency, Hotel, (Opp: Nirmal Toys Showroom, Nirmal), Tel: 08734-244255, Mobile: 9705972103