Hyderabad is the capital city of Telangana and a major tourist destination of India. Hyderabad is a perfect place for any Indian because of its mixed culture. There are more than a handful of reasons that support the increasing footfalls in the city every single year, on a regular basis.
Top thirty things to do in Hyderabad
Some of the most exciting things to do in the city are listed in the following points:
1. Visit Charminar and reach the upper floor through the 149 steps for a beautiful view of the Hyderabad Old City. Don’t forget to take photographs of Charminar
2. Pamper your taste buds with royal dishes such as-the royal Hyderabadi Biryani, Haleem, Hyderabadi Marag, Paaya, Pathar ka Gosht, Nizami Murg Handi, etc.
3. Hyderabad is known for its pearl market. Do make sure to buy a string or two.
4. One of the best handicraft products in Hyderabad is the Bidri. These metal show pieces and utensils make great souvenirs.
5. Buy Bangles which are a speciality of Hyderabad and they are available in huge amounts and varieties in the Laad Bazaar that is just off Charmina.
6. A must see is the Lumbini Park , known for showcasing a multi media laser show that is the first of its kind in India.
7. The Chowmahalla palace is a must visit for the tourists. Indulging in the luxurious settings of the palace is a must do.
8. The Mecca Masjid is one of the biggest mosques in the country. Visit the mosque for ultimate piece.
9. Don’t forget to taste the great Irani Chai of Hyderabad specially when you are tired.
10. See Creativity at its best at the Sudha Car Museum. Your creative nerves are sure to get tingled at the sight of cars that look like huge stilettos, boots, helmet, Shiva Linga, etc.
11. Just chill (in literal sense of the phase) when you visit the Snow World.
12. Encounter with the wild with the Nehru Zoological Park, spread on 380 acres of land.
13. Shop for handicrafts in the Mud Crafts village – Shilparamam
14. If you have a sweet tooth, make a point to visit the Karachi Bakery, for their crunchy and chewy Karachi Fruit Biscuits.
15. A bit of luxury is great for everyone. Visit the perfume market for brilliant essences.
16. Hyderabadi Paan is much famous. Make sure to at least chew on one.
17. Visiting the Sunday Book Bazaar is sure to give the book worms in your head a satisfying helping of reading.
18. Stir up your history lessons with a visit to the Golconda Fort.
19. A visit to the Ananda Buddha vihar is sure to give you a great insight into your soul.
20. Take in the wind by Hussainsagar Lake.
21. Enjoy the musical environment at Taramati Bardari.
22. Have a romantic dinner at the Taj Falaknuma Palace.
23. Visit Salar Jung Museum to check the Nizam Era in Hyderabad
24. Visit the Qutb Shahi Tombs for a unique historical experience.
25. Visit General Bazar for wide range of local Shopping in Hyderabad
26. A walk on the Tank Bund on Hussain Sagar Lake during sunrise and sun set is definitely a relaxing experience.
27. A boat ride to Buddha Statue of Hussain Sagar Lake is a must do thing in Hyderabad.
28. Have a snack at eat street. You will be definitely be confused with list of options available.
29. Visit Osmania University to see the 100+ years old architectural marvel.
30. Visit Gandipet to enjoy the awesome Sunset view.
These top thirty things to do will surely make your trip to Hyderabad eventful.