There are three main Samsthanams in Telangana which have major role in Telangana history.
– Gadwal Samsthanam
– Jatprole Samsthanam
– Wanaparthy Samsthanam
Among these three, Wanarpathy Samsthanam is the oldest one. Wanarpathy is also the third largest town in Mahbubnagar District, which is located 65 Kms far from the District Headquarters of the place.
History of Wanaparthy:
When looking back the history of the place, it was invaded way back in 14th century by Delhi Sultanate which lead to the decline of Kakatiya Kingdom. It is said that Muslim Rulers were the people who found that it is good place to make it is as a Samasthanam. Later Raja Rameshwar Rao II of Wanarpathy ruled the place, and he was the vassal of Nizam Of Hyderabad. He was the one who controlled feudatory of Wanaparthy.
Once when Raja passed away (on 22-Nov-1922), his successor Krishna Dev was a minor and he managed as a Ward of Court. During that period, it is said that Krishna Dev died before becoming a major and hence the crown was passed to his son Raja Rameshwar Rao III.
Raja’s of Wanaparthy maintained good amount of Infantry (close to 2000 infantry) and Cavalry (approx 2000). This army worked under the orders of Nizam till Hyderabad State got merged with India and later became part of Indian Army.
Major Attractions of the Place:
Lord Venkateshwara Temple:
– This temple is the major tourist attractions of Wanaparthy and Mahabubnagar district and it is said that this temple is located at the heart of the Town. This temple was started by well-known saint, Sri Pedha Jeeyar Swamiji.
Wanarpathy palace is an important and famous tourist attraction of Telangana which is considered as the landmark of Wanaparthy town. But presently this palace has been changed to Krishanadevaraya Polytechnic College.
Sarlasagar project is located nearby wanarpathy is also an important tourist attraction of Mahabubnagar and Telangana. Sarlasagar project is believed as the biggest Syphon dam in the world.
About the Wanaparthy Town:
Wanaparthy is a very beautiful and calm town. It is a well planned town with huge roads and colonies around.This place is an sure an example of an well maintained town by the municipality. One major setback of this place is lack of railway station.
Nearby Tourist Attractions:
– Wanaparthy, itself is a a popular holiday destination itself, and also a entry to many other well-known vacation spots like Gadwal, Raichur, etc
– Gadwal Town
– Jurala Project
How to Reach Wanaparthy Town:
By Road :
– Many private and public buses are available from Mahabubnagar which is about 21 Kms from Wanarpathy.
– Wanarpathy is about 139 kms from the capital city Hyderabad, where you have sufficient number of buses to the destination. Alternately, one can reach Mahabubnagar directly from Hyderabad and from there they can catch a bus to Wanaparthy.
– There is no Railway station nearby the place less than 10 km. However there are Rail way stations reachable from near by places.Nearest Railway station is Gadwal Railway Station. Hyderabad Decan Rail Way Station is major railway station which is around 137 KM near to Wanaparthy Town.
– Rajiv Gandhi International Airport is the nearest airport located 117 Kms away from Wanarpathy.
One can easily get conformatable accommodation within the budget at Wanaparhy or Mahabubnagar.
– Hotel Manju Deluxe near Old Bus Stand in Wanaparthy is one good option to stay. Contact # 9440212175
Telangana Tourism Toll Free Number: 1800-425-46464