Hill stations always adds more beauty and attraction to a place. Even though Telangana is called as the ‘STATE OF TEMPLES’, there are also many number of adventurous and calm hills stations which adds more scenic beauty to the state.
A place where people live is said to be complete only if there is a domination of Mother nature. In Telangana, especially in Mahabubnagar when travelling deep into the place, we can find beautiful landscapes and awesome picturesque places.
There is a wonderful hill station in Mahabubnagar which stands out from all the other tourist places of Telangana. It is the Farahabad Hill station located in Nagarjunsagar-Srisailam Tiger Reserve forest area in Mahabubnagar. Among the soaring mountains, rushing river waters, deep dense forests and sprawling lush greens stands the Farahabad Hill station.
Location of the Place:
Farahabad hill station is cuddled among the dark deep forests of Nallamalla hills which is located in eastern ghats. Altitude of the place is about 914 meters. This hill station is located in the Mahabubnagar district of Telangana State.
Farahabad Hill view point belongs to Amrabad mandal in Mahabubnagar. This place is 155 kms east from Mahabubnagar town.
Naming Reason of Farahabad:
‘Mount Pleasant’ is the literal meaning of Farahabad. This place is an perfect destination in Telangana for adventure and nature lovers.
Climatic Factors of Farahabad:
This place has a very cool climate all over the year. Best time to visit the place is from august to Feb.Interestingly , one could not see each other during winters, such is the beauty of mist in this place.
Tourist Attractions of Farahabad Forest View Point:
Being located in amidst forest, visitors have an best option of enjoying trekking.
There is view point while going safari. Farahabad view point is the half-way point and that is said to be the highlight of the safari where that place is covered by mist completely and rarely one could see the lake and dense forest.
This place also offers a traditional ride through the river which flows among the Nallamalla hills.
Visitors also prefer to have a jungle stay in this station, which is also made safely by the state government of Telangana. Best camping ground here is the Tiger wilds jungle camp, which arranges camping ground for the visitors.
Useful Contact Numbers:
– DFO, Achampet: 08541-272136, cell : 9440810060
– DFO, Atmakur: 08517-283337; Cell No.9440810058
– Forest Range Officer, Atmakur, Cell : 9440 810 273.
– DFO, Nagarjuna Sagar, Phone: 08680-276877; cell : 9440810062;
– Forest Range Officer, Nagarjunasagar, Cell : 9440 810283
– Hyderabad to Farahabad View point is 156 Kms (close to 4 hours drive from Hyderabad)
– Hyderabad to Munnanur in Mahabubnagar District is 138 Kms (its a 3 hour drive from Hyderabad). Munnanur is the starting point for Nagarjunsagar Srisailam Tiger Reserve.
How to Reach the Place:
By Road :
– Munnanur is located about 138 Kms from by road from south of Hyderabad. Many Public transport services are available from nearby places and mainly from Hyderabad. There are some direct buses to Mannanur from Mahabubnagar.
– Forest Department arranges trips to Farahabad View point from Mannanur.
– Nearest Railway Stations are at Wanaparthy and Arepalli (near Gadwal) which are 129 Kms and 153 kms respectively from Munnanur.
– Nearest Airport is at Shamshabad, Hyderabad which is 150 Kms from Munnanur Forest Check post.
Where to Stay:
– Good and comfortable accommodation is available at Forest Rest House at Mannanur and at Farahabad view point hill.
– Tourists can also avail multiple stay options near Nagarjunsagar Dam and Srisailam dam.
– One can also stay at Tiger wild reserve, where camping is available.
Safari timings: 7 AM to 4 PM daily.
Safari Ride Price: Rs. 800 for every two hours
Nearby Tourist Attraction:
– Srisailam Dam Project
– Sangameshwara Temple <Click here to read more>
– Pillalamarri Banyan Tree <Click here to read more>
– Mallelatheertham <Click here to read more>
– Nagarjunsagar Srisailam Tiger Reserve <Click here to read more>
– Nagarkurnool ( Near by city )
– Kollapur <Click here to read more>